A Philippine Call Centre need agents with good English communication skills for them to provide excellent customer experience and interaction to callers. Inbound and outbound call centres in the Philippines are known for top quality agents. The most important qualification when hiring agents is their ability to speak and understand the English language. It is essential that their grammar, pronunciation, accent and choice of words are understandable to a native English speaker.
Most of the people employed in a BPO do not use English as their first language. As a result, everyone who wishes to land a position as a call centre agent is required to undergo an intensive communication training. Language, communication and culture training are given to improve one’s communication skills. Here’s how these orientations are conducted.
1. The effectivity of a communications trainer is reflected on the agents that get sent out to operations. Trainers have to be professional and must have a strong background in training and teaching. A training session begins by evaluating the trainees to see which methods they will need the most. In most situations, live call simulations are often done to assess how the agent speaks to a customer.
2. Learning materials and modules must be distributed to the agents for reference and practice. Not only does it motivate agents to study, it also doubles as a guideline for them to familiarize and retain information once they will already be talking to real customers.
3. Reorient agents with product specific knowledge. Agents often times forget certain procedures which makes them hesitant to speak clearly. When this happens, the agent loses confidence and will not be able to communicate properly .
4. English skills can be improved if it is practiced everyday. The English Only Policy is a rule that is implemented in most call centres for agents to be accustomed to using the language.
5. Motivate and encourage agents by rewarding and recognizing the top performers. Awards are such great motivators. It can also influence others to follow the footsteps of the most improved agent.
Call Centre agents are the front liners of a company’s customer support department. It is essential that they all have good communication and English skills for them to serve the customers better.